Admission to CAJ
Thank you for your interest in Christian Academy in Japan (CAJ).
Located in the northwest suburbs of Tokyo, our school was established in 1950 to provide Christ-centered education to the children of evangelical missionaries. While continuing in this purpose, CAJ also serves other families who desire this type of education for their children. Our K-12 program uses English as the language of instruction and a North American curriculum model. CAJ's school year starts in late August and ends at the beginning of June. read more…
Sign up to attend one of our Open Campus days
or send an e-mail
to schedule a visit to our Higashi Kurume campus
- Apply online
Please make sure that you have provided the following items along with your completed application:
- Online application
- Health History form
- Birth certificate or Passport
- Confidential Teacher recommendation form
- Pastor's recommendation (If applicable)
- Application fee payment
- Once the complete application has been reviewed, applicants will be notified.
- Applicants who pass the initial screening process will be contacted to arrange the any required testing and interviews. For more about eligibility and admissions priorities, click here.
- All Kindergarten and first grade applicants are given a readiness test.
- English language testing may be required of non-native speakers of English at any grade level.
- Standardized test documentation is required for third graders and above. If documentation is unavailable, the applicant may be asked to take a standardized test.
Both the parents and the student will be interviewed. For students and families outside of the Tokyo area, Skype or other digital option may be available.
- Admission decisions are based on a variety of factors including class availability, English language ability, special needs, and classroom dynamics.
- Admission decisions will be communicated in writing (email and postal mail). In most cases, families are notified within 1-2 weeks of the testing and interview.