Head of School Qualifications B 3.1
DIVISION B POLICIES
Section 3 Board-Head of School Linkage
3.1 Head of School Qualifications
On behalf of the board, the head of school is responsible to advance the school's mission by implementing the school philosophy and board policies, thus promoting student learning and equipping students to serve Japan and the world for Christ. (SY20-21:95)
3.1.1 To this end, the board shall not fail to hire a head of school who will: (SY 05-06: 153)
- 22.214.171.124 Inspire students and staff to deeper Christian faith and living by modeling a Christ-like lifestyle.
- 126.96.36.199 Wholeheartedly advance CAJ's mission and implement board policy.
- 188.8.131.52 Ensure students are instructed from a Christian perspective using a biblical worldview.
- 184.108.40.206 Strive for school-wide excellence in all areas.
- 220.127.116.11 Demonstrate continuous professional growth based on school-wide goals as well as individual goals identified in cooperation with the board.
- 18.104.22.168 Serve as primary channel of communication between the board and staff/school community.
- 22.214.171.124 Serve as a member and an advisor to the board, and as an ex officio member of board committees. (SY 12-13:24)
- 126.96.36.199 Promote accountability structures throughout the school (SY 06-07:144)
- 188.8.131.52 Work collaboratively with a leadership team. (SY 06-07:144)
- 184.108.40.206 Perform additional duties as assigned by the board.
3.1.2 The board shall appoint a head of school with the following qualifications:
- 220.127.116.11 Born-again Christian who models a Christ-like lifestyle
- 18.104.22.168 Emotional maturity and good judgment
- 22.214.171.124 Positive interpersonal relationships
- 126.96.36.199 Clearly-articulated philosophy of Christian education
- 188.8.131.52 Wholehearted commitment to CAJ's mission, beliefs, and philosophy
- 184.108.40.206 Active participation in a local church doctrinally compatible with CAJ's Statement of Faith
- 220.127.116.11 Wholehearted commitment to abide by and implement board policy
- 18.104.22.168 Support for policy governance system
- 22.214.171.124 Support for the missionary effort in Japan
- 126.96.36.199 Able to deal with the different constituencies of CAJ
- 188.8.131.52 Qualifications necessary for employment as a principal at CAJ
- 184.108.40.206 Fulfillment of Japanese government requirements for employment
[Evaluation of the head of school is treated in B 3.3.3, B 3.5, and B 4.2.4.]
(Title amended SY 06-07:45; SY 06-07:144; SY 16-17:57)
(Page archived 12/14)
(Page revised 5/17)