Overview of Division B Policies
Revision as of 06:55, 11 February 2011 by Messenburg (Created page with '<sophie article="Overview of Division B Policies"/>')
DIVISION B POLICIES
Overview of Policy Section
OVERVIEW OF DIVISION B: Policies
- Definition: Organizational products, effects, benefits, outcomes, recipients, and their relative worth (what good for which recipients at what cost).
- Policy Statement: Please see Division A, Sections 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 for school philosophy, mission statement, and core values. (SY 13-14:22)
2.0 EXECUTIVE LIMITATIONS
- Definition: Constraints on executive authority that establish the boundaries within which all executive activity and decisions must take place.
- Policy Statement: The head of school shall not cause nor allow any practice, activity, decision, or organizational circumstance that is either unlawful, imprudent, or in violation of commonly accepted business and professional ethics, or in violation of the act of endowment, constitution, bylaws, or school philosophy of Christian Academy in Japan.
3.0 BOARD-HEAD OF SCHOOL LINKAGE
- Definition: How power is delegated and its proper use monitored; the head of school role, authority, and accountability.
- Policy Statement: The board’s sole control of the operational organization, its achievements, and conduct will be through a titled head of school.
4.0 GOVERNANCE PROCESS
- Definition: Specification of how the board conceives, carries out, and monitors its own performance.
- Policy Statement: The purpose of the Christian Academy in Japan board, on behalf of God and the evangelical missionary community in Japan, is to assure that Christian Academy in Japan achieves appropriate results for appropriate persons at an appropriate cost, and avoids unacceptable actions and situations.
(Page archived 12/14)