- CAJ's playground is:
- A hub of student activity before and after school and during recess.
- Used for secondary sports practices and games throughout the school year.
- The annex, auditorium, cafeteria, elementary school building and fences bound the playground area.
- Soccer play is to be only in the large open area.
- Soccer rules developed by the elementary school student and teachers will be discussed/reviewed with students.
- Playing is not allowed on auditorium ramp and ramp bars, in or around dumpster area, and between the tennis courts and cafeteria.
- No food on the playground; eat snacks by the cafeteria or by the elementary stairs.
- Snacks should not be eaten while running around or playing on the playground equipment.
- Dispose of trash properly.
- Sharing of food is discouraged.
- Any form of glass, such as glass bottles, is not allowed on the playground.
- Children are to sit down on the swings, with only one person at a time on a swing.
- Only one person at a time is to go down a slide. Blocking is not allowed.
- Climbing is to be done only on the creative play structures.
- Trees and shrubs are not considered part of the playground equipment and are not to be played in or on.
- Playing with sticks and throwing stones are prohibited.
- Hard baseballs are not allowed.
- If a ball goes over the fence onto the tracks, consult the recess teacher. The recess teacher will notify the academic office.
- Kindergarten students are prohibited from climbing on top of the Knights Castle circular slide.
- Do not play on the auditorium ramp.
- No throwing the small gravel a round the play structure. Often times we find it on the tennis courts.
- Rollerblading (in-line skating): The far (third) tennis court is no longer useable for rollerblades (in-line skates) as the wheels will damage the paint.
- Tether ball: Only elementary until 4:00 p.m.
- The outdoor washrooms are not to be used for getting water for play.
- Wash sandy hands using the outside water source.