The CAJ campus is clearly defined by gates, fences, and walls. The campus is private property, reserved for the use of CAJ community members and others by invitation.
- Official supervision by teachers on campus begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m. each day, Monday through Friday. CAJ assumes no responsibility for students on campus before 8:00 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m. or on weekends. It is the parents’ job to monitor the whereabouts of their children and exercise appropriate intervention if the parents’ wishes are not obeyed. School buildings will be closed after 4:30 pm. Offices will be closed at 5:00pm.
- Once students have arrived on campus in the morning, they may not leave until the school day is over.
- At no time should students be inside any facility without the permission and supervision of an adult. Students who want to use a facility outside of school hours must ask a supervisor to complete and submit a Facilities Usage Request Form at least one week in advance.
- CAJ holds students accountable for appropriate behavior to and from school. Any misbehavior before, during, and after school hours (including smoking, drinking, stealing, vandalism and other disrespectful behavior) will be handled by principal as if it had occurred on the campus.
The exception for leaving campus during the school day is that Grade 12 students may have privileges to go into the machi (business area around the train station) for lunch and break. Grade 9-11 students may go to Shimizu’s during lunch and break, but no further than the Shimizu store.
- Students who leave campus at other times or who behave in unacceptable ways may lose these privileges or experience other consequences. At no time should students be inside any CAJ facility without the permission and supervision of an adult.